Every now and then I look back to my early journey as a Christian. I look back on my computer and see some of the things I wrote in my first year of knowing and following Christ.
This week I found a word document titled, “7 things worth remembering about Jesus Christ”. I wrote it back in 1990! I thought as they stood the test of time, I would share them today for communion.
- Jesus us the Son of God – Luke 1:35 – The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So, the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.
- Jesus gives life – John 10:10 – The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
- Jesus is the good shepherd – John 10:11 – I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
- Jesus is the only way to God – John 14:6 – Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- Jesus is the head of the church – Colossians 1:18 – Christ is also the head of the church, which is his body. He is the beginning, supreme over all who rise from the dead. So, he is first in everything.
- Jesus is faithful – 2 Timothy 2:13 – if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself.
- Jesus is coming again – Acts 1:10-11 – They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11″Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”
It is amazing how these verses that I discovered on my new journey with Christ still stand true today. I can see how they shaped my life.
So today as we remember Jesus and His death for us by taking the bread and cup. Let us remember that Jesus is the Son of God, He gives life, He is the good shepherd, is the only way to God, is the head of the church, is faithful and is coming again.